TROUT TOWN USA
Roscoe has been known internationally for decades as Trout Town, USA. Conveniently located about two hours from New York City, Connecticut, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Roscoe is home to five of America’s top trout streams as well as numerous pristine lakes and plentiful reservoirs, making this an angler’s paradise.
Roscoe is the perfect place to get away from it all with access to scenic campsites, historic downtown, and unique antique shops. Or follow the Good Taste Artisanal Beverage Trail which runs right through Roscoe and includes Prohibition Distillery and The Roscoe New York Beer Company. Or get out in the wilds and rivers of the Catskills mountains with lots of great outdoor activities including rafting, kayaking, snowshoeing, and fishing.
A celebrated town.
Roscoe was named the Ultimate Fishing Town, USA by the World Fishing Network (WFN) in 2011, receiving 267,500 votes from countless supporters. See below the CBS Early Show report on this great honor.
- Winner of the 2015 Renaissance Revival Award for outstanding efforts and attention to appearance, tourism, and positive growth!
- Named the “Ultimate Fishing Town -- USA” by the World Fishing Network
- Voted BEST OUTDOOR SPORTS TOWN IN NEW YORK!
- Winner of New York State Main Street Grant!
- Gateway to the vast Catskill State Park!
- Home of the Famous Junction Pool!
- Winner of the Golden Feather Award for Revitalization Effort!
- Winner of “Best Showing of Flowers” in County award!